- Gail Pawlowski, OLIS
- Sandy Card, Binghamton
- David Schuster, Binghamton
- Tim McCarthy, Buffalo
- Sharona Wachs, U Albany
- Kristy Lee, SLC Project Management Team
- Shannon Pritting, SLC Project Management Team
The NZ Maintenance Task Force will focus on developing processes and policies related to updating and maintaining the SUNY Libraries Consortium (SLC) Network Zone OCLC MARC records. The Task Force will begin its work in October/November 2018, with an expected end date in March 2019. The NZ Maintenance Task Force will investigate the following:
- NZ maintenance practices and recommendations from other consortia using Alma.
- Alma capabilities for maintaining OCLC records and bib records in the NZ.
- Possible processes, frequency, and configuration needed for an OCLC data sync. or other process for maintaining and updating OCLC records for the SLC NZ.
- Functionality for OCLC update processes and functionality from either the NZ or IZ
- The optimum staffing arrangement for NZ maintenance to ensure the most efficient and representative maintenance arrangement.
- Create policies on how Network Zone records will be contributed and modified based on analysis of other consortia and the overall maintenance approach of the SLC.
Deliverables from the NZ Maintenance Task Force will be:
- Summary of practices for maintaining NZ from other consortia using Alma.
- Projected Completion Date: November 15, 2018
- Create a process and schedule for NZ maintenance.
- Projected Completion Date: January 15, 2019
- Recommendation for updating OCLC holdings for individual institutions and the SLC NZ.
- Projected Completion Date: December 15, 2018
- Presentation to SLC members on NZ maintenance process and procedures.
- Projected Completion Date: March 1, 2019
- Report to LSP task force on staffing and support model needed to maintain NZ.
- Projected Completion Date: February 15, 2019